Membership in the ACP affords the opportunity to attend continuing education sessions each year at the Annual Meeting of the ACP. The Annual Meeting provides a unique opportunity for child psychoanalysts from across the country and world to convene, collaborate, and present scholarly papers to their peers.
• Referrals- of cases directly from colleagues or through the ACP listserv.
• Free subscription- to the Psychoanalytic Study of the Child (PSC) paper copy each year as well as access to digital archives from most current issue back to 1945. (value $100)
• Join Colleagues- who share a variety of psychoanalytic approaches to working with children, adolescents, emerging adults and parents.
• Attend annual meetings- in wonderful venues to hear detailed clinical cases with ample time for dialogue and networking with colleagues.
• Access up to $5000 per year grant for low fee analysis- through Anna Freud Altruistic Analysis Grant Fund (AFAA Grants). These Grants can also be used for increasing session frequency to 3 or 4x weekly, emerging adult patients, or regular work with parents.
• Use ACP listserv- for sharing of professional information, and intellectually stimulating discussions with colleagues on a variety of topics related to clinical work with children.
• Membership is open to psychoanalytic colleagues both domestic and international.
• Participate in committees doing exciting projects.
• Low annual dues.
The ACP provides grant funds to ACP members annually to support the low-fee psychoanalysis of children and adolescents. It issues this funding through a supporting institution to be given to a child analytic candidate or graduate child psychoanalyst working with a qualifying case.